Techniques to improve performance by handling stress, overcoming anxiety.
For individuals (face to face or via Skype)
- One-off stress management consultation
- Short-term stress/emotion/change resilience consultation (3-6 sessions)
- Autogenic training course (10 sessions including an assessment and follow-up)
- Autogenic training group course (12 sessions including an assessment and follow-up)
- One off personal effectiveness / stress management workshop
- Series of personal effectiveness workshops – key focus on stress-, change-, emotion management and assertiveness
For universities / colleges / secondary schools
- One off Exam Stress Management workshop
- Series of Exam Stress Management workshops (3-6 sessions)
- For students: exam stress-busting course
- For individuals suffering from insomnia: how to sleep better in 8 easy steps
For more details about available consultation sessions, please scroll down.
Stress management counselling sessions (one session or a short term package of 3-6 sessions) can give you the opportunity to view an issue from a different perspective, and in more depth. It can help you to understand the connections between seemingly totally independent life events, and that in itself has a healing effect.
The session(s) can give you practical tips on how to manage stress, emotions, change and challenging situations in a more effective and assertive way, and also provide some theory background. You will have the opportunity to practice various relaxation exercises that you can incorporate into your daily schedule after the session(s).
When is it recommended to book a consultation?
- You feel overly stressed / anxious and have no idea what to do about it
- You cannot sleep properly or notice other stress related symptoms, e.g. breathing difficulties, anxiety, and temper outbursts for no specific reason
- You’d like to learn more about proactive and reactive stress management techniques
- You don’t exactly know where to start in dealing with an issue
- You would like to understand your daily actions, reactions and interactions better and improve your relationships
At the beginning of the consultation(s), we agree on the topic(s) you would like to cover, your objectives, your expectations from the session(s) and the number of sessions you will need. This is called the ‘therapeutic alliance’, during which the client and therapist both take responsibility for working together.
The Autogenic Training course lasts for 10 sessions that include an assessment, 8 weekly sessions during which you will learn shorter (1-2 minutes) and longer (10-15 minutes) relaxation exercises, and a follow up session. The training course involves talking about stress, emotion and change management, the biology background of stress and relaxation, body symbolism and learning the above-mentioned exercises. You will gradually learn how to relax your mind and body in minutes, and you will be able to benefit from these exercises for the rest of your life.
For more information, please visit www.autogenictraining.org
Corporate / group consultations
Stress is the most common reason for long-term sick leave and currently robs the economy of around 13 billion pounds a year.
The interactive workshop(s) includes individual and group work, and relaxation, breathing, mindfulness and visualisation exercises that enable participants to tackle stressors from a positive standpoint and build greater resilience to physical and emotional upsets.
The training presents many different practical tips on how to manage stress, emotions, change and challenging situations in a more effective and assertive way, and also covers some background theory. Participants will also have the opportunity to practice various exercises that they can incorporate into their daily schedules after the training.
Adapting these relaxation techniques into your life will enable you to focus better, and consequently perform better in any environment. Sessions also include techniques for developing interpersonal and communication skills.
NB: workshops are specifically adapted to your company’s needs. Before the workshop, I usually schedule an initial consultation (via phone / Skype) that gives you the opportunity to introduce yourself / your organization and the issues you / your organization are facing. It will also give me the chance to explain how I can help you / your organization and what you can expect from the training sessions.
Please email or phone me for more information about available packages or tailored packages that are specifically adapted to your needs.